Custom Search

Friday 5 March 2010

Ebooks on your psp

Right, another one, got given a broken Psp, sorted it, and now want to hack it. Having harnessed the awesome power that is Google, I find that I need GTA Liberty City Stories to do this. (Will post this process when I get it) So, ordered it, but waiting for it.....what to do in the meantime?

I do have thousands of ebooks sitting on my PC, and I find myself asking 'Can I read these on an unhacked Psp?' Turns out you can....

Step one:

Download your ebook....



Step Two:

Now, chances are, the Ebook you just downloaded was a .pdf, and this isn't a format the Psp will read as standard. So, what we need to do is, go here:


and then here:


Both of these programmes are free, and have pain free installation processes.

Step Three:

Once you have your Ebook, the .pdf text extractor, and the Psp Ebook Creator, your good to go. First open your .pdf text extractor, open the .pdf you want the text from, hit extract, choose a destination folder and hit save.
This will then create a text file of your .pdf.

Step Four:

Open Psp Ebook Creator, (does have a 10 second delay, but it's free) through the 'File' menu chose the text file you want on your Psp, set it up to your specification (page orientation, colour....), then, finally, chose an output folder, and hit 'Build Ebook'.
Now what this programme does, is convert your .txt file to a series of .jpg files, which your Psp can read as standard. All that remains is to copy the .jpg files from the destination folder chosen by yuorself, and copy them all to the 'Photos' folder on your Psp memory card. Nice and easy..

n.b Most of my ebooks if I'm honest have come from p2p sites, run an ebook search on http://isohunt.com/ and grab some from there, big selection

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hit counter
Counter